CD4060B timer circuit design, 12 Hour On/Off/Repeat

bctrueax

Joined Feb 2, 2019
Just a followup. So after some research, I think I can answer one of my previous questions. The resistor in the previous post is a pull-up resistor. The diodes though, it was mentioned as a logic "OR" gate, but I'm trying to convince myself it's not an "AND" gate. Is there a particular type of diode that would be best for this circuit?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
It is an AND gate. The output goes high only if all of the inputs are high.

Any small signal diode will do: 1N914, 1N4148, etc. Shottkey diodes will work, but there is no need for that expense.

ak

bctrueax

Joined Feb 2, 2019
Thanks for the response! Only diodes I currently have on hand are the 1N4001. I think those may work, but ordering an assortment anyway.

davidfet

Joined May 13, 2020
Thanks for the response! Only diodes I currently have on hand are the 1N4001. I think those may work, but ordering an assortment anyway.
Have you figured out the final circuit? Looking to do something similar with a 6 hour on, 18 hour off for some simple garden LEDs. (don't want to buy/hack an existing battery/timer, want to build my own)

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
This thread is over 1 year old. Rather than hijack a necropost (that sounds meaner than it is), better to start a new thread with your own question and reference this one as an example. Be sure to expand on your requirements beyond "something similar". Power source, load characteristics, etc.

ak