CD4047 Retrigger mode

natalia.t

Joined Apr 6, 2021
Hello.
I am trying to implement the CD4047 in monostable mode with the retrigger, in every diagram that I see and acording to the datasheet the retrigger can be use puting the pin 12 and 8 in the pulse input. I can not make the retrigger work and is working just as a monostable with no retrigger even if i enter more than 2 pulses.

This is the circuit I am implementing but the values of R an C in my case are: 100k and 47u

1617718681514.png

I appreciate any help.

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
I am trying to implement the CD4047 in monostable mode with the retrigger, in every diagram that I see and acording to the datasheet the retrigger can be use puting the pin 12 and 8 in the pulse input. I can not make the retrigger work and is working just as a monostable with no retrigger even if i enter more than 2 pulses.
This is the circuit I am implementing but the values of R an C in my case are: 100k and 47u
It works just fine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monostable:
1617753051200.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monostable, retriggerable:
1617752822424.png

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hello.

View attachment 234692

I appreciate any help.
Just to be certain, what is your expectation of the meaning of "retrigger"?

natalia.t

Joined Apr 6, 2021
The retrigger that I am talking about is the one that Danko simulate. I do not understand what is happening because if i implement the monostable (the first image Danko put with input in 8 pin) it does not work at all, but with the retrigger configuration(input in 12 and 8 pin) work as a simple monostable. Maybe something about the IC? Thank you all.