CD4040 changes pulse rate

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
My new understanding is that you want 4 pulses in a 4 second period BUT NOT EQUALLY spaced. Is this correct ?
If so here is one possible way to achieve this. Clock a 4 bit synchronous counter (Synchronous to avoid decoding glitches.) every 1/4 second. (From Q10 of your first 4040.) Connect the outputs of the counter to a 4 line to 16 line decoder. (Such as a 74HC154)
Screen Shot 12-09-22 at 09.03 AM.PNG
Or together outputs 1, 3, 5 and 13 from the 16 line decoder.

I don't understand what this will achieve.

Les

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
My new understanding is that you want 4 pulses in a 4 second period BUT NOT EQUALLY spaced. Is this correct ?
If so here is one possible way to achieve this. Clock a 4 bit synchronous counter (Synchronous to avoid decoding glitches.) every 1/4 second. (From Q10 of your first 4040.) Connect the outputs of the counter to a 4 line to 16 line decoder. (Such as a 74HC154)
View attachment 282598
Or together outputs 1, 3, 5 and 13 from the 16 line decoder.

I don't understand what this will achieve.

Les
It is the electronic equivalent of holding one’s body in certain positions to maintain or restore the balance of forces in the world. It certainly has the advantage of being much less tiring.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I am not sure of the locus of operation of this remediation but it would seem a microcontroller would make fine adjustments and revisions needed to deal with countermeasures much easier.

A little bit of work with sensors might allow the remediation pulses to be self-correcting with a rapid response to any attempts by the bad actors to bypass the retiming while they were not being watched by a mind.

Arjune

Joined Jan 6, 2018
I believe the counter is working properly I just need someone to verify that what they see on the video is what seems to be okay. I've compared the seven segment display with the seconds of my watch. The LEDs the two red LEDs were acting differently before. I think the computers are trying to think with my feelings to change the truth. The two LEDs are the outputs of the second 4040 and is the 2 inputs to the OR gate. I'm not loading the 4040 much because the output resistors are 10K to the 2 red LEDs. The output of that OR gate is going to the input of the 4510. A 4511 is driving the seven segment display. counter. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Snds7nFSAPZ2b15QAqHlQlcDB-B9BQeB/view?usp=drivesdk

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Two things:
Are those really 10 resistors? The LEDs look pretty bright and I cannot make out the colors on the resistors.
I don't think either of those LED are blinking at 1 Hz. Exactly what should they be doing?

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
The left hand LED is blinking at 2 Hz and the right hand LED is blinking at 0.5 Hz. The counter is incrementing twice at the start of every 2 seconds. (This is not quite the same as Arjune describes what he wants in post #1 but it may be good enough for his requirements.)
This behaviour fits in with the truth table I posted in post #7.
In the table Q0 is 2 Hz, Q1 is 1 Hz and Q2 is 0.5 Hz (So Q0 corresponds with the left hand LED and Q2 corresponds with the right hand LED.) As Q0 is 2 Hz it changes state every 250 mS so each state of the truth table lasts 250 mS. So the truth table repeates every 2 seconds.
I assume that the counter increments with the 0 to 1 transition of the OR gate output. Numbering the 8 states from 0 to 7 this is what happens.
On the change from state 0 to state 1 the output of the OR gate goes from 0 to 1 causing the counter to increment. (This is 250 mS from the start of the table.)
On the change from state 2 to state 3 the output of the OR gate goes from 0 to 1 causing the counter to increment again. (This is 750 mS from the start of the table. which is 500 mS after the previous increment of the counter.)
From then to the end of the table the output of the OR gate remains high so the counter does not increment again on this cycle through the table. This fits in with what the video shows.

Les.

Last edited:

Arjune

Joined Jan 6, 2018
Two things:
Are those really 10 resistors? The LEDs look pretty bright and I cannot make out the colors on the resistors.
I don't think either of those LED are blinking at 1 Hz. Exactly what should they be doing?
They are really 10K resistors and I'm surprised the LEDs were bright. I believe the 4510 is supposed to switch at a falling clock pulse but that is not happening and I'm wondering what's going on.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I assume that the OR gate output is driving the clock input of the 4510. (The 4510 is not shown on your schematic.)
Looking at the timing diagram on the 4510 datasheet it does look like the 4510 increments on the rising edge of the clock pulse.
If it did increment on the falling edge the LEDs would behave the same but the 4510 would increment at different places of the state table. There would be a falling edge from the OR gate output moving from state 1 to state 2. The next falling edge would be going from state 7 back to state 0. Looking at the 7 segment display this would be the first of the two increments that are close together and the 1 to 2 state change would be the second of the increments.

Les.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
That's true, I want 4 pulses in a 4 second period.
In cases like this I tended toward 1 pulse per second. Why do you want 4 pulses in 4 seconds (same thing, or equivalent?).

Quick observation: During the "transition" from TTL to CMOS, with TTL it was a little easier to get fast fall times, so edge-sensitive things tended to clock on the negative edge, and with CMOS it didn't make much difference, and things tended toward clocking on the more intuitive rising edge.

Arjune

Joined Jan 6, 2018
In cases like this I tended toward 1 pulse per second. Why do you want 4 pulses in 4 seconds (same thing, or equivalent?).

Quick observation: During the "transition" from TTL to CMOS, with TTL it was a little easier to get fast fall times, so edge-sensitive things tended to clock on the negative edge, and with CMOS it didn't make much difference, and things tended toward clocking on the more intuitive rising edge.
I want four pulses in 4 seconds because I want to disrupt the truth that the Illuminati has instated on life because I believe that truth is harming us with our order of movements. So with two pulses every second and one pulse every 2 seconds that would disrupt the order of the truth, creating a misunderstanding of their understanding of their regulation of our lives. This would make them worry that we are deviating from their control, effectively causing a change of synchronization of thoughts because of contrary feelings. This would allow my paranoia to be applied physically to the world that would correspond to my belief as they monitor me. An analogy would be like two different thoughts are being controlled by will (my will and their will) like a dual power supply op-amp (the two thoughts being the positive and negative voltages) and the signal input is my desire resulting in a change of the output (paranoia that defines the challenge manifesting physically in the world).

Arjune

Joined Jan 6, 2018
I finally understand.
Do you feel that the counter is now doing what you want it to do?
If I can be personified as the sickness, which represents the spirit, and the sickness feels that that requirement is necessary given my reasons to correct a problem, paranoid or otherwise, then the sickness could implement that function even though the changes may not be recognizable, for the sake of the sanity of others. The sickness has to approve what the world is currently, by making a comparison with my thoughts, know and unknown to me to make a decision that would be appropriate given present world conditions whether they be known to me or not. Logically I would see the evidence in my clock only.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to psychoanalyze myself Dick.

Arjune

Joined Jan 6, 2018
I take that to means that you have made progress with your design. I am glad that you were Able to realise your objectives
I would have to check the near future to see if things correspond properly because I did order a PCB of the pulser and I'm not sure if I designed it properly. I'm waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully it corresponds to the Kicad schematic I provided. I plan to plug it into the clock I built externally as an auxiliary clocking source. If operations are verified correctly then I can say for sure that I have succeeded with my idea.

Arjune

Joined Jan 6, 2018
I think I finally got it right. R1 should be less than 1 meg ohm (470k will work). I assume the crystal was OK. I attached a video with a link so you can observe. Pin 5 & 7 of the second cd4040 has to be used to input into the OR gate. On the other side of the board I made the re-wiring by disconnecting two traces and it is not shown in the video. Two wires were used as jumpers soldered to the board to accommodate pins 5 and 7 of the CD4040. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vouM_6w_h_0vG3TM9jQJDrQR5nZfvMsl/view?usp=sharing