CCFL Panel Light Box from Sony KDL-26P3020

arogantiskas

Joined May 16, 2016
Hi, I am fairly new to this whole DIY electronics projects thing, so I'm still running in a lot of things I still have to learn.

I've got an old Sony KDL-26P3020 TV than I stripped completely so now i only have CCFL back-lighting pannel with an inverter attached to it.
I have tried to find any info about it for a few days now with not much success, which brings me here..

I want to power the CCFL light with the existing inverter but using other power source.
And I have no idea how can I do it, more I read about it, more I get confused.

I have attached pictures of the board and what I suspect is the pin out diagram.

Can anyone lend a hand with this project?

Much appreciatedDSC_1685.JPG DSC_1693.JPG DSC_1687.JPG .

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Hi if you look at the side of the connector, there are markings for the terminals, gnd,vbl,err,blon etc....

Bl-on is backlight on, pwm is power positive and gnd...chances are you're going to need the main pcb for signals.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi if you look at the side of the connector, there are markings for the terminals, gnd,vbl,err,blon etc....

Bl-on is backlight on, pwm is power positive and gnd...chances are you're going to need the main pcb for signals.
An LED backlight from a TV might be easier.

The last one I handled wanted around 70V for a series chain. All you need is a basic current limited supply that can deliver the voltage.

arogantiskas

Joined May 16, 2016

Getting a different inverter is also an option.

An LED backlight from a TV might be easier.

The last one I handled wanted around 70V for a series chain. All you need is a basic current limited supply that can deliver the voltage.
I only have access to this one at the moment.
Could you elaborate?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Getting a different inverter is also an option.

I only have access to this one at the moment.
Could you elaborate?
You might get some data on CCFL inverters from HR, they used to make pattern spares horizontal output transformers, but moved with the times and started producing pattern backlight inverters.

The LED option can still be done starting with a salvaged CCFL backlight. The TV I stripped had about 22 LEDs in series. Last time I ordered 1W power LEDs from China, they worked out about £00.4p each. Just strip out the CCFL tubes and fix LEDs onto the backing reflector.