Car Interior LED change, what LED's are these?

Mikesin

Joined Jul 11, 2021
Hello

Im in the middle of changing the LED's of my interior and wondering if anyone can help with what LED's these are? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

MikeIMG_1584.jpegIMG_0584.jpegIMG_1584.jpegIMG_0584.jpeg

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
You don't have to remove them to determine the size. Just use a pair of calipers to measure the length and width. The length will be the hardest because the solder obscures it a little. They're probably 0805s.

If you're trying to change the color, it would be good to know how the current is limited, especially if they"re dimmable.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Mike,
I assume these are the LED's , boxed RED.
Power up the panel, measure the voltage drop across a LED.
If possible measure the current drawn by the panel, and the number of LED's lit

E

Attachments

Mikesin

Joined Jul 11, 2021
You don't have to remove them to determine the size. Just use a pair of calipers to measure the length and width. The length will be the hardest because the solder obscures it a little. They're probably 0805s.

If you're trying to change the color, it would be good to know how the current is limited, especially if they"re dimmable.
Thanks! They do seem like they're 0805s when looking at the assorted pack of LED's I have, these lights are dimmable, would that be problem when changing over LED's?

Mikesin

Joined Jul 11, 2021
hi Mike,
I assume these are the LED's , boxed RED.
Power up the panel, measure the voltage drop across a LED.
If possible measure the current drawn by the panel, and the number of LED's lit

E
Yup, they're the LED's, I changed them with some LED's now and they don't seem to light up, only the far right, did I do something wrong?

IMG_0586.jpeg

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Chances are changing colors will have issues with brightness. You have to figure out the fwd voltage of the old LED and may have to change the resistors out for the white LEDs, unless the max brightness is ok

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Orange LED are listed at 1.8 -2V white LEDs are about 3.6-3.7V, you might not be getting enough current.. or voltage if they are in series.

I would suggest tracing out the PCB and drawing out the schematic.

Mikesin

Joined Jul 11, 2021
Orange LED are listed at 1.8 -2V white LEDs are about 3.6-3.7V, you might not be getting enough current.. or voltage if they are in series.

I would suggest tracing out the PCB and drawing out the schematic.
If im not getting enough current or voltage through to the white LED's, what can be done? I've seen the same setup to mine where the person has it working. Thanks