Car battery charger

Alyoussef

Joined Oct 31, 2018
Hi everyone
I am a beginner in electronic and i have a transformer that giving me 19v 10a ac after a 20a diode bridge and 35v 2200uf capacitor i get 27v dc
The problem is i need to make a car battery charger from it that means a voltage between 13.5v and 14v but i don't know how to reduce the voltage without reducing the amps.
If you can help me. Plz

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Actually you’ll need current limiting to keep the current under 10A, to avoid overheating the transformer and certainly below 20A to protect your bridge. For a car battery, voltage regulation only matters towards the end of charging and in trickling. “Bulk” charging under a current limit is what happens before that. Check out Battery University for details.

Alyoussef

Joined Oct 31, 2018
Thanks for your time reading and advising me but is there any simple way this schematic is a little bit difficult to find its components
And i am always taking my security mesurments
thanks for all

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for your time reading and advising me but is there any simple way this schematic is a little bit difficult to find its components
And i am always taking my security mesurments
thanks for all
The circuit you want is a voltage regulator with a current limiter to keep the max current below a dangerous level. This has been done and we can probably help you find one. Patience. If no one else beats me to it, I’ll see what I can find for you later today.

Alyoussef

Joined Oct 31, 2018
The circuit you want is a voltage regulator with a current limiter to keep the max current below a dangerous level. This has been done and we can probably help you find one. Patience. If no one else beats me to it, I’ll see what I can find for you later today.
Go on you are my HERO

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Last edited: