Capstone Project Assistance (Wireless Headset)

corner_boy

Joined Jun 24, 2008
the project idea is simple. I want to ba able to send and receive audio signal wirelessly and be able to use it for a landline phone.

I have other features for the project but i need help in what type of things are usefull in doing wireless technology.

I have been researching this but need more help, can anyone help?

corner_boy

Joined Jun 24, 2008
i was thinking os using bluetooth but i had no knowledge on where to find information on it. i also considered radio waves but like bluetooth, my knowledge is limited.

thanx for the linx ill be looking over them to see what i can find

corner_boy

Joined Jun 24, 2008
so my project goal is for a receptionist to be able to move around her desk with the worries of wires in her way. is the bluetooth a good choice?

corner_boy

Joined Jun 24, 2008
the sites given are good but is there any site that can give me information on the types of chips out there? My problem looking for bluetooth technology is how when searhcing for it i only get sites that sell headsets and so on but nothing really on details on the chips themselves.

ive looked at bluetooth on electronics stores online but i dont uder stand the full potential on the MANY different bluetooth chips there are.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I suppose having a catalog might help. Manufacturers of IC's include:

Atmel
CSR
Free2move
Flexipanel
Freescale
Jennic
Linx
National Semiconductor
Microchip Technologies
NXP
Panasonic.

And check out their ZigBee stuff, too. Don't expect to understand the IC's at the silicon level - look for the support files, especially applications, where the function of each IC may be more clearly described. Hope you have a lot of paper in your printer.

One thing to be aware of when several RF sources are active close proximity is the problem of interference. That means either different frequencies or some means of sending data in packets with addressing. A good source of information on swapping data packets would be in the specs for Ethernet, which was originally designed to be an RF link.