Capstone Project - Help building an ECG circuit

AStudent1998

Joined Nov 18, 2019
Hi guys,

So I am currently a senior working on my capstone project and I have hit a roadblock. So my project is basically a wireless, wearable device placed on the skin to measure ECG and pressure. So far, we have been able to build a low pass filter with a resistor chip and a capacitor chip(keep in mind, we ARE not electrical engineers and have almost no experience in circuit design).

These chips look like the following link (https://www.digikey.com/product-det...tgQxMdzn-_GXR9xZwwWmfkmSs88xMwJBoC57kQAvD_BwE).

So, basically, we are moving on to the next part of the project which is building a ECG circuit using these same small chips. Does anyone have any advice that would help us build the circuit? Currently, we are using a design from a paper but it is very complicated (a picture of the design as well as a table listing the components is below). Anyone have an easier approach to build this circuit? Thanks in advance!

1574101002326.png1574101143692.png

Attachments

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
You do not know what you are doing and we also do not know what you are doing.
An ECG circuit measures amplitudes and rates per minute of heartbeats. Usually it is wired to a monitor.
Your circuit seems to have an ultra high frequency transmitter but no receiver. Do you expect to see the ECG graph on a TV?

Since you know nothing about electronics then it will be impossible for you to make this circuit work.

Mark Hughes

Joined Jun 14, 2016
Without knowing anything about radio or TV circuits he is also trying to make a 2.4GHz transmitter for the ECG circuit.
Yeah -- I help advise a local university EE team. You'd be amazed what they don't teach these days. consequently, when the students choose a "capstone" project -- they don't really know what they are signing up for -- how hard or easy it might be. When you don't know what you're doing, a RS232 level-shifter doesn't look all that different from a 56 GBPs PAM4 serial link. Probably why they picked the project -- it was likely "one of these looks as good as another, let's dive in."

Practicing engineers have years of experience that have taught us a bit more. But I've seen more than one student graduate with degrees that often barely qualify them to program an Arduino.