Capacitor help

Thread Starter

mrbob2

Joined Jun 19, 2009
1
Hi, I have this board that got damaged and I need help to identify the two broken capacitors. The little one is a 331 J5A so is this a 330pf? The other one I have no clue. The manufacturer of this machine had the boards made outside and can not supply me with part information. The missing cap is next to a chip. It is gone off the borad but I am assuming that all 7 chips would use the same cap. All of the remaining chips have the small 331 cap next to them.
Thanks for your help, Bob
 

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
15,819
I can't make out marking on the firsy pic with the caps. The device in the second pic is a resistor network. The individual resistors are 560 ohms, but they may be individual resistors rather than a bussed network. A meter can tell.
 

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
5,438
I can tell too. :)

The resistor network is marked 8X - 1 - 561
which is 8 pin, the '1' means single ended so each resistor has 1 accessible pin.
That means there are 7 resistors, and the other pin is the common which is marked with the square dot. And of course beenthere is right they are 560 ohm.

For comparison a 8X-2-561 would be 8pin, have 4 resistors each having 2 pins.

Any parts supplier with a good range will have these in stock, someone like Farnell will have it you just need the 8X-1-561 value and give them a call. :)
 
Top