Can't Identify this component.

kdcouture200

Joined May 22, 2010
2015-03-03 17.15.03.jpg So I've been trying to figure out what this part is. I'm guessing is a resistor pack but I'm not sure. Any help in identifying this part would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
You are correct. There are various connection formats. Check the datasheet for this one. RES0180 looks like the right number.

kdcouture200

Joined May 22, 2010
All pins seem to be connected together. Every pin seems to have a different resistance in respect to one another, its an odd first one for me.

Lundwall_Paul

Joined Oct 18, 2011
Resistor packs come in two verities. You may find nine independent resistors of the same value or all resistors have a common connection which are frequently used as pull-ups.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
It's a resistor pack, all right; made by CTS. I'm guessing it's a 16-bit SCSI terminator: one pin for GND, one pin for VCC, and 16 data lines.

That's my guess, anyway...

Roderick Young

Joined Feb 22, 2015
I think there are only a few limited configurations for standard resistor networks. You could use a datasheet like this one, and using an ohmmeter, determine which of the schematics matches your network. Is it possible to unsolder the part?

Attachments

kdcouture200

Joined May 22, 2010
I think there are only a few limited configurations for standard resistor networks. You could use a datasheet like this one, and using an ohmmeter, determine which of the schematics matches your network. Is it possible to unsolder the part?
I did as you suggested and found (i hope) the configuration of the pack thanks everybody's help.