Can't find unkown resistor value in series-parallel circuit

Xannolc

Joined Oct 12, 2017
Good day all. I find myself stumped on what i expected to be an easy question. My issue is with the unknown resistor value in the attached documents. I've tried working it out multiple times but i always seem to be missing something. If anybody could help nudge me in the right direction, that would really be appreciated. I've attempted working out the other questions but everything seems to revolve around that one component. Hopefully I'm just overthinking things and overlooking a tiny detail.

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Good day all. I find myself stumped on what i expected to be an easy question. My issue is with the unknown resistor value in the attached documents. I've tried working it out multiple times but i always seem to be missing something. If anybody could help nudge me in the right direction, that would really be appreciated. I've attempted working out the other questions but everything seems to revolve around that one component. Hopefully I'm just overthinking things and overlooking a tiny detail.
You have near the top of your work Ir = It * r = 1 * 2 = 2A

What is Ir? How is a current multiplied by a resistance equal to a resistance? Where is it that you are claiming that 2 A is flowing in this circuit?

Where does the claim that Rparallel = 6Ω - 4Ω come from?