candles , fragrances , and incense ?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
It's not just women. Some men apparently have no sense of smell when it comes to putting on after shave.
Could be worse. Ever been to a auction where a some smelly old farmer can part a crowd easier than Moses parting the red sea? I have. :)

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Thanks for the links, tcmtech... very interesting...
One thing I have never been able to understand, is given what we know about cocaine, or methamphetamines - is why a person would even take the first dose...

Electric Al

Joined Nov 6, 2013
If I have to walk through a cosmetics area in a store , I automatically have to pick up the pace , or else I get watery eyes , and breathing gets harder !

Remember when they had salesgirls spray you as you walked by ?

If that happened now I may go to jail for punching someone !

36_2_17.gif

I really do not know what this has to do with electronics !

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't have any sort of breathing difficulties, I just don't like the smells. I avoid the detergent aisle in the grocery store unless I need something in there. Arm&Hammer still makes an unscented version of laundry detergent. Yay, un-scented!

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
One thing I have never been able to understand, is given what we know about cocaine, or methamphetamines - is why a person would even take the first dose...
I would think it's the same reason as other substances.

Given what we know about the dangers of alcohol, why would someone take the first sip? Or cigarettes, why would they take the first puff? Or that massive modern killer; high saturated fat food, why would they eat those first fries?

huang

Joined Jan 8, 2014
to make your room be comfortable and prospect is amazing which it is great day if we keep the status like that,but...as My expeirience that to spray some scene is not a good way to produce this,well,generally speaking,the perfume or oil has some degree bad chemical mixed in it.

So try to use the the nature air will be better,

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
One perfume keeps me at least 6 feet away and makes me assume women have a different sense of smell than men do. If they smelled what I smell, they would never buy Shalimar.
Hola Nro. 12,

It's never the perfume but always her skin. Basic gem of wisdom passed to me by a lady selling perfumes in the freeshop at the Vancouver Airport who, yes, suggested, amongst other two, Shalimar. :p :p

You just need to find the right her and testing could take many tries (many candidates and many perfumes...) :p

That's the reason why I never give perfume to a lady unless I know it goes along with her. Leave to others that job!!

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Thanks for the links, tcmtech... very interesting...
Curiosity, challenging authority / prohibitions or lack of imagination to solve a very boring life. Cannot imagine other reasons.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The most overwhelming smell in my world is that stench that envelopes the cosmetics counter in the department store. My sinuses immediately swell shut.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I should quit complaining. If laundry detergent and bad perfume are my biggest problems, I live a blessed life.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
One of the problems that bulk carriers have, besides to clean exhaustively the cargo spaces from top to bottom, is to eliminate the odour coming from previous cargoes. In certain trades it IS a must.

Once at Hamburg, after discharging fishmeal from Perú from all our holds we had to prepare them for another cargo with stringent requirements. No-smell was one of them.

Once they were whased and dried, I recall the Ch. Officer going into all spaces and applying in each corner, ONE or TWO drops (I am not being literary here) from a small flask with a product produced in USA. (The product itself was odourless).

According to instructions, the hatch covers were kept closed for 24 hours.

To our surprise, the strong smell from fishmeal, was completely killed.

Pity is that recall nothing from it other than a pale pink color and a superb performance.