candles , fragrances , and incense ?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
I have just been freshening up my places with different smelling items.

I have tried candles they work pretty well (i.e Yankee candle , village candle ...etc)

I have also tried the plug in air wick and other fragrance emitting items spray's ,... etc

But what I am curious about is the incense sticks they seem to work really well I light them and then blow them out. (and the smoke gives off a great smell )

But I see other products that are diffuser solution (they look like essential oil solutions)
What I want to know is what do you do with these solutions ? ... do you just
put them in an open container and leave them open to the blowing air is that how they work... (kind of like using the moving air in the room to carry some of the solution in the container like a glide spray bottle just with out the manual trigger)

Do you ever dip the incense sticks in the solution ?

Last Question
diffuser solutions container ?

I have noticed when picking up my incense sticks they have a lot of different cool looking bowls , decorator container like things... like a castle with a moat , other things like reed diffuser containers .... what are those for.
Just for decoration ?

What about this reed diffuser stuff it seems different then just blowing out the incense sticks like I do currently

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
But what is those decorator containers like the castle and moat ...etc
Are you suppose to just pour the fragrance oils into the small trays / moat ... etc and just let it sit.

And I have seen something called a reed diffuser they seem to dip the fragrance/incense sticks into the oil but not light them up.

So I am confused on which ones you light up/blow out and which ones you just dip / put in the holder.

Another question
Is what in your opinion is the best product to uses in terms of making the whole place smell really nice and peaceful. As well as improving some ones sense of smell.

My opinion is keep changing the sticks , candle ,....etc with different fragrances/smells every so often.

I also have seen a water fall based fountain and was kind of curious if I could just mix essential oils / fragrances / water to make it circulate the smell around the room.

Cliff987

Joined Oct 2, 2012
I absolutely loathe and despise all artificial scents.
I can't stand perfume, I hate those things that people hang in their cars, I despise so called air fresheners of all sorts, I write to household products makers and ask them to make scent free versions. I hate artificial smelly crap.

I love flower gardens, trees, the smell of a mowed lawn, the seashore, etc.. I am un-offended by a freshly manured field.

That said: If you have air quality that needs freshening then odds are you have a deeper problem that the so called fresheners are only masking. Probably it is mildew or dust and it could be a full blown mold infestation.

Try adding ventilation, run a dehumidifier.
A really good particulate filter might help too.

Hi,

Recently i loved the fragrance of lavender incense. I was just flying. Awesome aroma. Please if anyone find it try it once.

Thanks
Palani Mehta

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm with Cliff987 on this one. I have eliminated perfumes in my house so well that I can tell when the neighbors are using laundry sheets in their clothes dryer. In fact, I can tell which house it is!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well, you know that there's nothing quite like experimentation!
I don't know about that. I know of people who smoke Potpourri spices to get high now. :rolleyes:

Seriously how bad of withdrawal and from what did a guy have to be in to have had the thought of trying to smoke a handful of odds and ends from grannies spice basket? :confused:

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
I don't know about that. I know of people who smoke Potpourri spices to get high now. :rolleyes:

Seriously how bad of withdrawal and from what did a guy have to be in to have had the thought of trying to smoke a handful of odds and ends from grannies spice basket? :confused:
That's along the lines of the raging alcoholic that will drink Listerine wholesale to get drunk on the alcohol content...

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I have used diffusers before. All you do is put the oil in a bottle and put in fine (very thin) dowels made of a soft, lightweight wood. It just relies on air moving around the dowels, when the top dries up the oil is wicked up, so they stay fresh for a long time.

Nothing beats good old-fashioned candles though. That or a woodstove. I love the smell of wood fires!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
That's along the lines of the raging alcoholic that will drink Listerine wholesale to get drunk on the alcohol content...
Actually as I understood it from the first hand explanation from a guy who smokes it regularly its because you can get a wicked and lasting high but still pass a random drug test the next day. That and if you smoke it on the job most people just think you smell nice.:rolleyes:

Here is the actual stuff they are using.

At present the drug testing systems do not screen specifically for the chemicals that are in potpourri spice.

http://orange.patch.com/groups/opinion/p/part-1-wanna-get-high-this-is-not-your-gramma-s-potpourri

http://www.takepart.com/article/2012/03/20/5-things-you-need-know-about-synthetic-weed

http://kosmo.hubpages.com/hub/Is-It-the-New-Legal-Marijuana-or-just-Pot-pourri

Joined Nov 30, 2010
One perfume keeps me at least 6 feet away and makes me assume women have a different sense of smell than men do. If they smelled what I smell, they would never buy Shalimar.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
What used to make me nuts at work is some of the ladies putting on half a bottle on a time. Perfume should be subtle, not a knock out punch or a replacement for basic cleanliness.
It's not just women. Some men apparently have no sense of smell when it comes to putting on after shave.