Can we import unencrypted Pspice into LTspice?

GVA

Joined Sep 5, 2018
Hi
I want to import TI's buck converter LM5145 IC into LTspice. The Pspice model given by TI, is unencrypted Pspice model. When I simulate the IC, I'm getting error (undefined subcircuit:comphys2_basic_gen). Can someone tell me, whether I can simulate unencrypted Pspice model in LTspice? If so, how to rectify this error? Thanks in advance.
Herewith, I have attached the spice model of LM 5145.

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Can someone tell me, whether I can simulate unencrypted Pspice model in LTspice?
Generally, yes; though the model sometimes needs some syntax adjustment.
Your 'undefined subcircuit' error message is strange, because that subcircuit is definitely defined within the .lib file (at line ~921).

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi
I want to import TI's buck converter LM5145 IC into LTspice. The Pspice model given by TI, is unencrypted Pspice model. When I simulate the IC, I'm getting error (undefined subcircuit:comphys2_basic_gen). Can someone tell me, whether I can simulate unencrypted Pspice model in LTspice? If so, how to rectify this error? Thanks in advance.
Herewith, I have attached the spice model of LM 5145.
Hi

I will try to fix. But upload your schematic so I can test.

eT

GVA

Joined Sep 5, 2018
Generally, yes; though the model sometimes needs some syntax adjustment.
Your 'undefined subcircuit' error message is strange, because that subcircuit is definitely defined within the .lib file (at line ~921).
Thank you for your response.

GVA

Joined Sep 5, 2018
Hi

Here's the model and test circuit. Simulation time is about 31minutes.

eT
Thank you for your help. I used the Pspice model which you sent, but still I'm getting an error stating
upload_2019-8-13_15-4-34.png
Can you help me in solving this error. Herewith, I have uploaded the file which I'm working with. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

GVA

Joined Sep 5, 2018
Hello

The model I uploaded does not produce that error.

What was the solution so others can benefit?

eT
Hi
That error is for the zener model which I used. So, I removed it and replaced it with the zener which is available in the LTspice library.

GVA

Joined Sep 5, 2018
Hi

Here's the model and test circuit. Simulation time is about 31minutes.

eT
Hi
For simulating DC DC buck converter, I used the model LM5145 which you gave. But when I simulate it, the transient analysis is not exceeding 0.07%. In fact, I simulated in the evening and let it run overnight as it was taking more time. The next day when I checked the simulation, it was still in the same status i.e 0.07% simulation was only done!. What could be the reason for this? Can you please help me to solve this? Herewith, I have attached the schematic. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
Hi
For simulating DC DC buck converter, I used the model LM5145 which you gave. But when I simulate it, the transient analysis is not exceeding 0.07%. In fact, I simulated in the evening and let it run overnight as it was taking more time. The next day when I checked the simulation, it was still in the same status i.e 0.07% simulation was only done!. What could be the reason for this? Can you please help me to solve this? Herewith, I have attached the schematic. Thanks in advance.
Where's your chip symbol?