Can we have 2 or 3 Reference signals for a Phase shifted or Level shifted PWM

farcane

Joined Mar 7, 2017
Or do we have single reference signal in the enclosed control scheme?
Do we have a single reference signal for the applied PSPWM in the enclosed paper (Reference signal = M1 of page 3 Fig. 4)? or all signals M1, M2, M3 are reference signals?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
M1, M2, ..., Mn are different reference signals. They are the individual modulation indices for the vdc_n control. The reason why M1 is obtained by subtracting the sum of all the rest modulation indices (M2, ..., Mn) is because the control of the nonactive current gives the sum of the modulation index of each H-bridge inverter.

If you read carefully section III. B. you can see this.

I hope it helps.

farcane

Joined Mar 7, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply.

In case we dont consider nonactive current as in the enclosed paper, and as far as I know, Phase shifted PWM (PSPWM) is usually applied where we have a single reference or modulation signal (50 Hz for example) compared to time shifted high frequency triangular signals (5 or 10 kHz for example). So how is the PSPWM implemented when we have several and maybe not identical modulating signals (in case of different irradiance on each PV array = different Vdc of each H-bridge), and how can we get a nearly pefect sinusoidal output inverter current?

Is the control strategy that I implemented in my enlosed Simulink model right?

Attachments