Can spell checking "on" be the default?

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I always try to spell check my replies. It is a nuisance to remember to turn on the spell checking. I have to remember this for every reply. I need every brain cell I have to make coherent replies. :rolleyes:

Maybe the default could be a custom setting in the uses profile setup. That way, if others don't want it on all of the time they could fix it. ;)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
On some forums only the forum spells checker will work. I think it might be the type of control that is used for input. But on this forum it is the browser spell checker that is used. I have never had a problem with the spells checker being disabled on this form.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't think it's a feature of the forum (or not this forum). I know that the spell checker that my browser uses accesses the custom words that I've added over the years and if I add them when making a post here they are available when I'm working in Word.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I am using Firefox. The only setting I see is the one to enable spell checking as I type. I definetately do _not_ want that on.
I did a test... I _do_ want spell checking as I type turned on. I was confusing it with auto-correct as I type which would be very bad.

Thanks, all, for setting me straight.
:D:D