Can spell checking "on" be the default?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by RichardO, Feb 12, 2018.

1. RichardO

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I always try to spell check my replies. It is a nuisance to remember to turn on the spell checking. I have to remember this for every reply. I need every brain cell I have to make coherent replies. :rolleyes:

Maybe the default could be a custom setting in the uses profile setup. That way, if others don't want it on all of the time they could fix it. ;)

2. dl324

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 30, 2015
    I think that's a browser function. It's on by default in my browser (Slimjet); think that was also the case for Chrome.

spinnaker likes this.
  3. AlbertHall

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 4, 2014
    Yep, that's the case. Check your browser spell check options.

4. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    On some forums only the forum spells checker will work. I think it might be the type of control that is used for input. But on this forum it is the browser spell checker that is used. I have never had a problem with the spells checker being disabled on this form.

5. Ramussons

May 3, 2013
    Firefox underlines misspelt words.

6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I don't think it's a feature of the forum (or not this forum). I know that the spell checker that my browser uses accesses the custom words that I've added over the years and if I add them when making a post here they are available when I'm working in Word.

7. RichardO

May 4, 2013
    I am using Firefox. The only setting I see is the one to enable spell checking as I type. I definetately do _not_ want that on.

8. RichardO

May 4, 2013
    I did a test... I _do_ want spell checking as I type turned on. I was confusing it with auto-correct as I type which would be very bad.

Thanks, all, for setting me straight.
    :D:D