Can someone please tell me a stateside source for this IC?

positive8

Joined Sep 27, 2016
In China, it's called the NE555 dw44 or the AT43. It's a very simple chip consisting of a 555 chip with a built-in pot and only 4 pins that allows for an extremely quick and convenient setting of thetiming pulse.
I'm getting around a 80% failure rate -simply never sent or 60 day delivery window - using Chinese suppliers on EBay (big surprise, eh?).
That, or a similar chip, from a stateside vendor would be hugely appreciated.
TIA

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Failing that, take a look at TimerBlox.

Finally, depending on your application, there is nothing, IMHO, like a little PIC with some simple C programming for a cheap, perpetually available solution to little problems. Things like you linked from ebay/China have a way of becoming non-available. Even the linked CCS555C could become an availability issue. It is very similar to an EXAR chip that I used decades ago which became unavailable when everyone migrated to small uCs like PIC.

If you need a one-time settable delay, program it and forget it. If you need a variable delay, choose a PIC with an ADC, read the pot and set the delay that way.

Just my .02

The CS555C is actually the first real part from this US manufacturer. It's available from Jameco. http://www.jameco.com/z/CSS555-ID-C...ns-CSS555-Micropower-Timer-DIP-8_2146433.html

Personally, the 555 has given me nothing but grief especially in One-shot type modes. It's trigger is so glitchy.
Timerblox looks like a lot easier to use. I really liked the LM3904. With a few external components it was an excellent part. TI and ROHS killed it.

positive8

Joined Sep 27, 2016
Failing that, take a look at TimerBlox.

Finally, depending on your application, there is nothing, IMHO, like a little PIC with some simple C programming for a cheap, perpetually available solution to little problems. Things like you linked from ebay/China have a way of becoming non-available. Even the linked CCS555C could become an availability issue. It is very similar to an EXAR chip that I used decades ago which became unavailable when everyone migrated to small uCs like PIC.

If you need a one-time settable delay, program it and forget it. If you need a variable delay, choose a PIC with an ADC, read the pot and set the delay that way.

Just my .02
Absolutely, eventually it'll all be tied into a codable controller. These little dw44s are really handy for slapping into a crude prototype, though.