Can I use the signal from an LFO to drive the clock in the Bastl Kastle mini modular?

Chriskeogh

Joined Apr 25, 2017
I have recently decided to dip my toe in the pool of DIY synths and have built a fairly basic synthesizer with a sequencer using the CD40106 and a divider and a couple of multiplexers. I have also just bought the Bastl Kastle digital mini modular synth. The kastle can be synced to other gear via an i/o jack and I was wondering if there was anyway I could take the LFO signal driving my homemade synth and sync it to the kastle. Essentially i just want to enable the LFO to be read as a trigger signal. Is this possible? Or am I way out of my depth hear?
any help would be much appreciated!

Chriskeogh

Joined Apr 25, 2017
ah that's great thanks I didn't even think to find the schematic. Am I right in thinking that if I connect the clock signal to the left or right channel on the i/o and ground to ground then it should register with the kastle? I am a complete newbie so sorry if I'm asking some stupid questions!

Chriskeogh

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Hello,

When you use also 3 AA batteries to power the external circuit, you should be ok.

Bertus
The supply is 9v to the external gear however Bastl state in their manual that the kastles circuit protector will rectify any voltage over 5v. I've given it a go and it seems to work fine. thanks for you help!

Chris

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I do not see any protection in the schematic.
Did you see section 14 of tha manual?
It states that the input must be between 0 and 5 Volts:

Kastle_14.png

Bertus