Can I Use 36v DC Battery with 36v DC Power Supply Parallel ?

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Can I Use 36v DC Battery with 36v DC Power Supply Parallel ?, For Make Uninterrupted Power For 36v DC Load ?
Is That A Good Idea ?, or Can I Use ATS or Contactor But With DC Contacts ? (Contactor With DC Contacts Not DC Coil Is Very Hard To Find and Usually Expensive, and I Don't Know If There Is Any ATS With DC Contacts In The Market)

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
If you connect them across each other directly you ar every likely to get a big bang.
A pair of diodes could help, so that volts can either come from the battery or the power in , which ever one has the highest voltage would win,

Alternative, you could use something like this
https://www.analog.com/en/products/ltc4355.html

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Can Battery Always Charge From Power Supply, and 36v Load Get Power From Power Supply and Battery Parallel ?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Can Battery Always Charge From Power Supply, and 36v Load Get Power From Power Supply and Battery Parallel ?
Yes, but you need to have a supply with an accurate voltage to properly maintain the battery charge.
This is about 40.5V for a 36V lead-acid battery (2.25V per cell at normal room temperature).

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Yes, but you need to have a supply with an accurate voltage to properly maintain the battery charge.
This is about 40.5V for a 36V lead-acid battery (2.25V per cell at normal room temperature).
No... There is three 12v lead-acid battery in series