can i control LEDs for advertising with remote control ?

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
I have small service. Have one wooden advertise frame here but it`s on higher place. If i put a battery near to the frame to supply the blinking LEDs can i turn it on/off from remote control for not every day to take a huge stairs to put it off?

is this real in our world at all and will it be cheap?

thanks

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
Clipboard01.jpg

if i take one of these three/ i see On/Off button/ what should be soldered to the LEDs or RGB to be controlled with this remote control ?

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Those devices are much to complex for your application. You will be paying for features you do not need. And they are the remote; you’d need a receiver as well.

There are simpler products, such as this remote control on/off switch module. The one I linked to is on Amazon and includes the remote AND receiver. I searched for “1 channel on/off switch” and looked for the term “latching” in the description. Modules that are described as “momentary” are not suited for your need.

You simply supply power to the module and wire the relay contacts in parallel with the existing on/off switch.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I assume to need to power the remote receiver from the battery, so you need a receiver that doesn't significantly drain the battery.
What is the voltage and capacity of the battery will you use?

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
One option would be to use a timer switch or a photo-electric relay, depending on when the sign is to be on.
That should be quite obvious to an electrical engineer, which the profile page says the TS claims to be. Crutschow does bring up a valid concern, which is that the remote receiver may consume more power than the LED sign consumes. In fact, any wireless control system will also consume battery power all the time, both with the sign LEDs off or on. So the very best choice will be wires to the sign and a switch at the other end of the stairs.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I have small service. Have one wooden advertise frame here but it`s on higher place. If i put a battery near to the frame to supply the blinking LEDs can i turn it on/off from remote control for not every day to take a huge stairs to put it off?

is this real in our world at all and will it be cheap?

thanks
Something I am seeing more and more of is battery powered and solar charged LED signs on my local highways. As to your remote question while you only need a single channel unit I recently bought one of these from Amazon and it works quite well with distance depending on obstacles in the path. Power consumption is about 8.0 mA when idle and about 50 mA per channel when they are turned on. It also, as I saw mentioned, allows momentary action or latching action when a remote button is pressed. I have seen similar for about $10 USD on Amazon.

As mentioned, with anything battery powered you need to consider the current used against your battery size. I like the small plastic box mine came in and I use it to control my garage lighting from my house. So it's something to consider.

Ron

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Something I am seeing more and more of is battery powered and solar charged LED signs on my local highways. As to your remote question while you only need a single channel unit I recently bought one of these from Amazon and it works quite well with distance depending on obstacles in the path. Power consumption is about 8.0 mA when idle and about 50 mA per channel when they are turned on. It also, as I saw mentioned, allows momentary action or latching action when a remote button is pressed. I have seen similar for about $10 USD on Amazon.

As mentioned, with anything battery powered you need to consider the current used against your battery size. I like the small plastic box mine came in and I use it to control my garage lighting from my house. So it's something to consider.

Ron

This is similar to the item I posted in post #4, except that device is ~ $5 and only has one channel. The remote only has on and off.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
You simply supply power to the moduleand wire therelaycontacts in parallel with the existing on/off switch.
i dont have the LEDs and the battery still. i want they to be compatible with the receiver and the remote control.

Can you link me a
receiver and RC
diodes or RGB-strip /what you like/

I maybe think to buy the battery here from Bulgaria.

Please the links to be from AliExpress or Ebay because i see the linked item from you doesn`t ship to BG.

Thanks

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
i dont have the LEDs and the battery still. i want they to be compatible with the receiver and the remote control.

Can you link me a
receiver and RC
diodes or RGB-strip /what you like/

I maybe think to buy the battery here from Bulgaria.

Please the links to be from AliExpress or Ebay because i see the linked item from you doesn`t ship to BG.

Thanks
What do you mean by “compatible”?

The solutions proposed by myself and Reloadron are compatible with any electronic device that requires power. Effectively, anything. You just run power to the relay first, then to your LEDs or LED controller.

Both devices are from Amazon. Amazon has several European sites, such as:
  • Amazon.co.uk
  • Amazon.de
  • Amazon.fr
The device to which I linked is available on Amazon.de You should be able to order it on the German site. Here is a link to it. I would not be surprised if it were also to be found on the other European Amazon sites.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
This link explains Amazon shipping to Bulgaria. Most of the products suggested we only use Amazon as a source when it's available. The products are mostly manufactured in China so you need to find a distributor for your location. Remote control relay boards are very common so I am pretty sure using Google in Bulgaria should get you some results for the same sort of items listed. Since I am located in the US I have no idea as to Bulgarian distributors of Chinese manufactured electronic components or products. Just Google generic terms like LED Strip Lights or Remote Control Relay Card.

Ron