Can anybody find a datasheet for the CD4022BE 16 pin?

Tony Spence

Joined Dec 20, 2013
Hi there I'm making a circuit with a 555 chip and using the pulse and feeding it to a CD4022BE chip so that i may divide the pulse into seven different pins on the 4022. If anyone knows of a way this is possible with these components please waste no time and message me, and also I am looking for a datasheet for a CD4022BE chip.

Thank you

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Assuming a five volt power supply

Connect a 10 uf capacitor and a 0.01 uf capacitor in parallel between +5 Volts and Ground. Put it as close to the NE555 as possible, and also close to the CD4022. This might work with plastic plug-in breadboards if everything is kept compact.

To get the CD4022 to loop from 0 through 6 then back to zero connect as follows:

On the CD4022:
Vcc to +5 Volts
Vdd to Ground
Clock Inhibit to Ground
Output "7" to Reset input
Clock to the output of the NE555.

Connect your NE555 as an astable oscillator as shown at the bottom of this post. Ground pin the ground pin and connect VCC and RESET to + 5 volts.

Tony Spence

Joined Dec 20, 2013

Connect a 10 uf capacitor and a 0.01 uf capacitor in parallel between +5 Volts and Ground. Put it as close to the NE555 as possible, and also close to the CD4022. This might work with plastic plug-in breadboards if everything is kept compact.

To get the CD4022 to loop from 0 through 6 then back to zero connect as follows:

On the CD4022:
Vcc to +5 Volts
Vdd to Ground
Clock Inhibit to Ground

Connect your NE555 as an astable oscillator as shown at the bottom of this post. Ground pin the ground pin and connect VCC and RESET to + 5 volts.
Hi im using a 9v cell (battery) I was reading your 4022 connections. if i connect pin 7 to the reset will that still give me a divided by 7 output?

Tony Spence

Joined Dec 20, 2013

On the CD4022:
Vcc to +5 Volts
Vdd to Ground
Clock Inhibit to Ground

I get what you mean by that now sorry and thanks. When i connect my output to each output pin do i then connect them to ground?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I could have worded a little different, maybe by using the term B+ instead of a specific voltage.

Since you are using a 9V power supply, be aware that some CMOS logic families are not rated to operate with that high of a voltage.The series B is fine up to 15 volts.

The outputs of the counter will go high for their respective time slots and be low at all other times. Here, "high" refers to Vdd or 9 volts in this case and "low" refers to Vss, or we are calling ground.

If you only want one of the LEDs to be on at a time connect the outputs to the anodes of the LEDs with the cathodes connected together and returned to ground though a resistor, in the manner shown in the example below. (I think that a larger resistor would be kinder to the 4022.) Notice that this is very much like the circuit you requested.

Tony Spence

Joined Dec 20, 2013
I could have worded a little different, maybe by using the term B+ instead of a specific voltage.

Since you are using a 9V power supply, be aware that some CMOS logic families are not rated to operate with that high of a voltage.The series B is fine up to 15 volts.

The outputs of the counter will go high for their respective time slots and be low at all other times. Here, "high" refers to Vdd or 9 volts in this case and "low" refers to Vss, or we are calling ground.

If you only want one of the LEDs to be on at a time connect the outputs to the anodes of the LEDs with the cathodes connected together and returned to ground though a resistor, in the manner shown in the example below. (I think that a larger resistor would be kinder to the 4022.) Notice that this is very much like the circuit you requested.

Thank you for your reply. I made that circuit previously but had problems when I swapped the LEDS for copper coils the circuit would not cycle after it came the first coil plus the first coil stayed on (i'm not sure if i messed up the chip after that). Now i am trying to do the same thing with the 4022BE (as I have ten of them) to see if it is possible to do it this way.

Also if I use the 4022BE to get 7 pulses would i connect the reset pin to the eighth pulse pin 10 or seventh pulse pin 5

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The cmos chips will not have many power to drive the coils.
Also the back EMF will give you troubles.
Use some kind of driver IC's to drive the coils.

Bertus

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
he CD4022B is not designed to drive an inductive load .What kind of coils are they? What can you tell us about them.By the way, what's the application; this might have been done before.

Tony Spence

Joined Dec 20, 2013
he CD4022B is not designed to drive an inductive load .What kind of coils are they? What can you tell us about them.By the way, what's the application; this might have been done before.
The most i can tell you about the coils is that i recycled an old portable TV for the wire that goes round the screen and i wound them round a 10mm removable core and the coil has aprox 125 turns. if thats any help

Tony Spence

Joined Dec 20, 2013
Hello,

The cmos chips will not have many power to drive the coils.
Also the back EMF will give you troubles.
Use some kind of driver IC's to drive the coils.

Bertus
Hi, I dont understand driver IC's what type of chip would drive a small coil? and how would i deal with back EMF I tried a diode across the input and output leg of the coil but nothing changed.

Tony Spence

Joined Dec 20, 2013
Hello,

What is your intention with the coils being fired after eachother?

Bertus
I want to make a type of motor which would be powered up by the coils going round and round one after another (as one is off the next is on). I am trying to find the ideal circuit to power copper coils i read it could be done this way year ago

Tony Spence

Joined Dec 20, 2013