Can a 12v 70ah agm deep cycle battery’s current become weak, while the voltage remains normal?

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Put the + lead of the volt meter on the + terminal of the battery and the - lead of the volt meter on the - terminal of the battery, run the unit and read the voltage while the unit is running. If the battery voltage stays close to 12V, the problem is probably in one of the connections between the battery and the "relay".

cj_crafted

Joined Jun 15, 2017
Put the + lead of the volt meter on the + terminal of the battery and the - lead of the volt meter on the - terminal of the battery, run the unit and read the voltage while the unit is running. If the battery voltage stays close to 12V, the problem is probably in one of the connections between the battery and the "relay".
Ok, Gonna eat here at home and head back to my bench and try that in an hour or so and post.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Already done, post #13 - 12.76V - the battery is not the problem.

cj_crafted

Joined Jun 15, 2017
Is the tattoo machine an inductive buzzer?
You are getting inductive back emf when the contacts are switching off.
Yeah I have heard them being called inductors before too. Like an old doorbell. You know what, about that emf thing I was thinking there might be some kind of weird magnetic issue too. But I have a normal consumer tattoo voltage supply that I use for work and the machines work fine on that. I am only doing this rheostat thing to learn more about the electronics pertaining to my field of work and electronics in general in order to possibly create some things on the hardware end in the future. Also all my machines are built by really skilled builders and pretty good quality. Just adding that to the discussion. This is a very weird situation for me as an electronics green horn. I will look into inductive back EMF.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A different measurement each time to do it is called Intermittent. The wires are corroded or dirty.
Since one wire has 11.89V across it then it is a few miles long or it is not a good copper wire, maybe it is Nichrome heating wire.

cj_crafted

Joined Jun 15, 2017
Already done, post #13 - 12.76V - the battery is not the problem.
I am going to gut all the wires out of it tonight and re wire it tomorrow with some fresh wire. And see what happens. I’ll still
A different measurement each time to do it is called Intermittent. The wires are corroded or dirty.
Since one wire has 11.89V across it then it is a few miles long or it is not a good copper wire, maybe it is Nichrome heating wire.
I am thinking the same, the clips were pretty corroded i cut them off and the copper wire had like 2 cm of oxidization up the wire. I’m assuming its not very good. The wire looked cooper but IDK really and yeah there’s about 5 ft of cable lmao. I’m redoing it tomorrow though. I’m gonna use a shorter cable too.