Camera Interfacing issue

Aagash

Joined Jun 7, 2017
Hi all,

I have an analog camera (LaVision company;Flowmaster 3s model) that has Tx,Rx connected to company's Camera card to PCI port of PC. Now how do I capture the image in this setup .

Do I have to create my own GUI and program for triggering internally, is it possible? Do I have to find drivers for Camera or for the card ? (I've very little knowledge on drivers and connection)

Thanks!

Last edited:

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
After a quick search on google it seems that the camera is supported on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Did you try to use it on some of these three ?

Aagash

Joined Jun 7, 2017
After a quick search on google it seems that the camera is supported on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Did you try to use it on some of these three ?
Yes in windows, but the software used was camware ,only able to preview not able to capture.
Now do we have to deal with creating new guidelines using c/ embedded c etc.. using camera card drivers ?

simozz

Joined Jul 23, 2017
If you can preview it means you can also capture the frame (if not with camware but at least with a custom program), since indirectly you are already capturing frames.
Don't know about windows, I use v4l2 API on Linux for such tasks, if not using an MCU.

Last edited: