Calculating the voltage difference between a switching pin out and a constant Vout

Electronic_Maniac

Joined Oct 26, 2017
Hi all,

Sorry to trouble you all with a similar question. But this is a different question altogether regarding calculation of voltage difference.
I am using this NCV3063 IC.

According to my design of the boost converter in my board, I am measuring the values of Pin1 and pin2 in multimeter and scope respectively. This is a reference board. For Vin(Vcc) of 16V, The voltage at pin1(SWC) of the IC is 5.05V as measured in DMM. (1)
Pin2 (SWE), I am measuring in scope, I am getting a peak-peak of some 15.8V with 30.6% duty and Max amplitude of 13.8V. (2)
Now, Vswce=difference between the pins 1 and 2. How to calculate the voltage difference between (1) and(2) ?
Or in general, how to calculate the voltage difference between a switching Vout pin (in this case, pin2) and a constant Vout pin (in this case, pin1)
Please help

Thanks

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
Or in general, how to calculate the voltage difference between a switching Vout pin (in this case, pin2) and a constant Vout pin (in this case, pin1)
You can exclude subtraction operation, simply putting ground clip to pin1 and probe to pin 2.
You will see exactly what you trying to find.

Last edited:

Electronic_Maniac

Joined Oct 26, 2017
You can exclude subtraction operation, simply putting ground clip to pin1 and probe to pin 2.
You will see exactly what you trying to find.
yes thanks. But How do I calculate in theory the voltage difference between a switching node and a constant output node?