Cadence Allegro PCB Design Tool

uhdam

Joined Jan 24, 2013
Hello All,

I want to learn Cadence Allegro PCB Design Tool fully. So, I want to a user manual / book to learn scratch to end. Please can you suggest me where can I found. I search in the google but there are lot of materials. So which Material I suppose to follow I am not understanding.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I used to work with Orcad/Allegro for three years in the last company and still have a 16.6 version on my computer, so feel free to ask if you need some advice.

Also, Cadence sure does provide at least a manual with their products, and as I remember even some courses.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
That may be changing, due to there new "subscription" strategy. Unless you have a educational Email address it's no longer free like it was. Or at least that's what the web is saying.

That is OK. I use Diptrace. I really can't stand Eagle. I just hope Diptrace does not follow Eagle.

IMHO it is an enormous mistake to remove the hobby license. You have a huge test bed with hobbyists. The only thing I can figure is they are worried that people are hacking the licenses. But there has to be a way around that.

uhdam

Joined Jan 24, 2013
Hello Spinnaker,

I want to know one thing is that an OrCAD and Allegro are the both tools are same or Different ?

If you have any user manuals or video tutorials of Cadence Allegro Please can you share with me!!!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have never used either of those products.

Have you tried looking on their site for a manual?

https://www.cadence.com

I must admit their site is very overwhelming and confusing but they do have a user forume where you can ask questions.