Cable Outer Jacket Stripper

beeson76

Joined Apr 19, 2010
I am in need of a cable outer jacket stripper similar to an Eraser LS10. I know Eraser is at the top of the game when it comes to electronic tools (until you get into the big manufacturing rigs):):) and their prices are certainly up there to show it too. But anyway I would like something similar to this cable stripper but I would like something much much cheaper. Surely there is some kind of cable outer jacket stripper that is similar to this. I have searched for a couple of hours and I guess I am just not using the correct search terms as I cannot find anything. I did find something very similar but I cannot find it back. It was kinda a blueish grayish greenish color machine. I thought I sent an email off to them inquiring about them, but I guess I didnt.

But any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you know of something similar that you even use:):)

Thanks Guys!!
Mike

beeson76

Joined Apr 19, 2010
Thanks Externet for the reply!!

I was wanting more of a tabletop model with a lever. Something that "grabs" the cable in a jaw and pulls back while blades take off the outer jacket of the cable while not touching the inner conductors.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Either you're in a Production-Environment, or you're not.
If it doesn't fit in your back pocket, prices start at ~$1000.oo

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
How many cable ends do you need to strip? A benchtop stripper is a serious investment, and not cost effective for the average person. Or are you starting into some sort of production operation?

I typically strip cable jacket insulation with an Exacto knife, and it does take a minute or so to do it carefully without damaging the shield or inner conductor insulation. It would not be good for production, but certainly adequate for an occasional user.