C# help

Dave S

Joined Jan 18, 2012
Hi all,

New member here so please be gentle!

I am a beginner in C# and want to read in a byte of serial data and display the result on a PC as a sort of led mimic panel. 1 byte would give 0 - 255.
To begin I would like say 10 circles on the screen. I would like to fill these according to the contents of the byte sent, starting with 0 - 10.
(0x00 - 0x0A). So an empy circle reflects off and a filled circle on. Hope that makes sense.

I have found tutorials for the serial input but can anyone point me in the right direction for the graphics part?

Thanks,

Dave.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'd suggest you post in one of the Microsoft forums. There are a ton of very experienced # programmers there.

But it sounds to me like you need a tutorial. I have always been a fan of books. I have a ton that cover programming in C and Java and programming in the Windows environment. Most of them obsolete. Some go back to Windows 3.1 :)

Dave S

Joined Jan 18, 2012
Thanks for the reply Spinnaker.

I have a couple of books on C# which barely mention graphics and the tutorials on line that I've found so far are vague on the subject.

I'll try the Microchip Forums.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Thanks for the reply Spinnaker.

I have a couple of books on C# which barely mention graphics and the tutorials on line that I've found so far are vague on the subject.

I'll try the Microchip Forums.

Not "Microchp", Microsoft. They won't know what you are talking about at Microchip.