Bypass an ek-04 8 programs mini controller

vojteat

Joined Dec 14, 2018
Dear distinguished members, :)

I got couple of Christmas lights from AliExpress and would like to decorate the house outside. My problem is that each time I plug them in, the first of the 8 programs starts which is very annoying as it is going through all the funny blinking programs.
I would like to have a steady light.

May you please help me how to modify the board to bypass the programs and just let it shine?

Winter is coming :)

Thank you!!!
Attila

74381AB2-FF0F-40FB-821E-C43955F2056A.jpeg
324286C2-18FA-4ADA-92AA-9B2FA583E48A.jpeg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looks like the two three pin devices,possibly thyristors, are pulling the leds to ground, with a common Positive supply.

So you could try to just short out the Cathode /Anode to put the leds on.

Is it run from an AC adapter /wall wart plug?

Last edited:

vojteat

Joined Dec 14, 2018
Looks like the two transistors are Npn and are pulling the leds to ground, with a common Positive supply.

So you could try to just short out the Collector and Emitter of each transistor to put the leds on.

Is it run from an AC adapter /wall wart plug?
Thanks for the reply Dodgydave! It goes directly to the wall socket. I’ll try short them out then :)

Thank you again for the quick reply! Really appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi vojteat,
Looking at the image of the enclosure, I would say that is definitely NOT suitable for outdoor use.
As Dave points out its a live chassis and potentially lethal.
E

MOD:
Cautionary Warning.

This project should be enclosed and in a secure location where unskilled persons cannot come into contact with the electrical circuitry.
It is the sole responsibility of project builder/installer that their local electrical safety codes are followed and equipment displays the appropriate warning/hazard labels.

Ref safety guidelines:
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/safety.htm