Button Toggle Lights

Martyn Lee Ball

Joined Sep 18, 2016
Hey, I want to make a modification to my motorbike lights, but it would be nice to avoid needing to add extra parts.

I simply want to be able to flash my headlights twice to toggle a circuit to connect. See the image below, the switch simply provides power to either light depending which side it's switched to allow the main power to flow through the different cables.

The widely known modification is to bridge the connection from the main power to the low beam, what I want to do is simply put a tiny chip/circuit between that bridge and have it make toggle the connection if I flip my switch quickly twice.

How would I do this?

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Sorry, I can't follow what you want. Since no one has answered for several days, I guess no one else figured it out either.

You want to hit a switch twice, and then what happens? You want nothing to happen if you hit it only once, or hit it twice but too slowly?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I thought about this. Detect change, debounce, count to two within maybe 0.35 seconds, set a latch, fire a power switch...all in the size of a fingernail. First look circuits seem unlikely to comply with the request.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I saw that we couldn't add parts, but not any size restriction on all the parts we don't add? o_O
I was thinking we could add parts that amount to something the size of a fingernail (on a motorbike) and nobody would notice.:rolleyes:
(I wired a Harley 3 or 4 months ago.)