Button Motors

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
You never know what you're going to get from China.
The Specs are probably more like ~120-RPS, or ~72-RPS, (7200-RPM, 4320-RPM) .
All those extra zeros make them Super-Powerful, and 10,000 Watts.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If the vibration from the motor is due to an off-centre weight, then 72000rpm would give an audio frequency of 1200 Hz. That seems much too high for a vibration, rather than a screech. So 12000rpm is more reasonable.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
A four decades ago I took a motor similar to this and installed it in a pen along with a couple button cell batteries and a ball bearing to act as a switch. When you picked up the pen it would start vibrating if you tilted it in the position you would normally write with. Did this for an April Fool's joke on my boss who was always stealing my pens. I knew the moment she touched my pen - she let out a tremendous scream.

A few years before that I took a pen and removed all the guts and filled it with silica sand then jammed the cap on it. Knowing she would eventually grab it and take it to her desk, when she finally got the cap off sand flew everywhere. She called me to her desk and asked why I did that. I told her someone has been stealing my pens and I didn't know who it was.

Now, you ask about what spec your motors are. Well, in a normal manufacturing world if they changed something about it they would have changed a part number. Some part numbers come with obvious clues as to what is present. Such as a number that may include an abbreviated number representing the RPM or voltage or whatever the device is to be measured against. Unfortunately my time machine is down and I'm waiting for parts from China. They're probably sitting off the coast of California right now. So it may be months before I get the parts I need to get it up and running. Once I do - I, if I remember to, will go back in time to see what the original specs were on your motors. Till then all I can suggest is you wire one up and see what it runs at and see if that suits your purpose.

Best wishes. Tony the Time Traveler (or "TTT" or better still "T^3")

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Where I once worked we had a motor to spin a polygon at 40,000 RPM. Talk about a difficult bit of technology (this was in about 1985) we had an air pump to keep the air bearings pumped up and a six pole driver to make it spin. From this small bit of experience I find a 70,000 RPM motor for a couple of dollars to be difficult to imagine. I imagine that the vibrations (at 1200 revolutions per second) would be difficult for most people to feel.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The one specification that Amazon will usually get right is the price. Other numbers are not always so close. 12,000RPM is believeabl, sometimes, 1200 RPM is usually believable. 7000 rpm, certainly, 70,000, no, I don't think so.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Not sure if it applies to electric motors, but look at model airplane fuel motors. They are capable of RPM's that a full size motor isn't. In them it's a result of scale, they have smaller lighter parts so RPM is higher.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I have a micro-drone who's motors typically run around 15,000 RPM. This is just a guess, but based on the high pitched whine of the props, it's up there around that number for sure.