Built-in Silvertone Guitar amp circuit questions

thedanimal

Joined Sep 19, 2009
Hi all,

I've acquired a 1964 Silvertone guitar with a built-in amp that I'm trying to make functional again. I have the guitar rebuilt, but the amp circuit did not include the 2 9 volt leads to power the amp so I'm trying to identify how to hook up the new leads I bought to test the amp. Here's a pic between the amp on/off switch and the pots. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm just now learning about circuits.

Dan

Amp power.jpg

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That picture shows no evidence of an amplifier so it's impossible to see where to connect the battery.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It looks like a push-pull amplifier.
It has two transformers in the amplifier.
The circuit could be like this :

amp24.png

It would be nice to know the part number of the transistors with the tabs on them.
It is not possible to see where the power connections could have been.
Is it possible to show a picture of the other side of the amplifier?

Bertus

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I have posted the image from the link to avoid unwanted images in the adds.
(I am using add block plus to avoid unwanted adds and save bandwidth).

Bertus

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
My guess is those transistors are PNP Germanium from the 60s'. They are probably made by Matsushita or Toshiba.

Silv full circuit.jpg
Allen

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I have made some remarks on the circuit drawing:

1487_circuit_board_connection.jpg

The power switch can be mounted in the - line of the battery.

Bertus

thedanimal

Joined Sep 19, 2009
Hi Bertus. Thank you for your thoughtful response. I must concede that I am just getting started with electronic circuits and am early into books from Mims and Platt to learn more.That said, I'm not following your notes for how to hook up the leads. If you can please be painfully specific via point-to-point wiring from my original image I'd be very grateful.

Regards,
Dan

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Hi Bertus. Thank you for your thoughtful response. I must concede that I am just getting started with electronic circuits and am early into books from Mims and Platt to learn more.That said, I'm not following your notes for how to hook up the leads. If you can please be painfully specific via point-to-point wiring from my original image I'd be very grateful.

Regards,
Dan
A direct, high resolution close up image of the circuit from above and from below would be very useful in helping you out with that.