Brushless motor determinition of min value and max value for calibration

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by youcef hassan, Jul 20, 2017.

1. youcef hassan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Hello I have a brushless motor with an esc (electronic speed controler 30A) and I want to calibrate it, but I don't know how could I calculate the min value and the max value for calibration. Thanks

2. IMP002017

Jan 28, 2017
    Not sure I understand what your trying to do?

Depending on what type of ESC you have and controller you use it should have come with Instructions for Calibration to your system. If your trying to find out other things like RPM and MPH that has many many factors like Pinion and spur gearing type of battery and so on.

Like my last plane motor, I took it, Hooked it up, *The Receiver with power* turned my controller on, Set it to max forward position on the left stick, Then plugged the battery into the ESC and then it beeps, then I pull the control back to full back position my system Beeps again. Then from there I can move the stick going forward again and motor works!

youcef hassan likes this.
  3. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Min and max value of what? Current? RPM? ......?

youcef hassan and shortbus like this.
  4. youcef hassan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Hello, I tried the some idea send by http://www.brokking.net/ymfc-al_main.html , i use the max value then turn on the battery then the min value , it's work well , thanks

5. youcef hassan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 9, 2016
    min value generaly 1000 us max value 2000 us , current depending of number of cells used 2 or 3 lipo and generaly from 7 to 12 volts , rpm DEPENDINGof the nature of your brushless motor ex 1000 kv or 1200 kv or ....... and voltage battery 1000 kv means 1000 rpm for 1 volt