Breadboard recommendations

NMNeil

Joined Jun 18, 2019
Can anyone recommend good quality breadboards?
After spending a few days trying to get my circuit to work as intended, but getting inconsistent or no results, I found the cause to be the cheap breadboards I bought. Only had them a few months. :mad:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
After spending a few days trying to get my circuit to work as intended, but getting inconsistent or no results, I found the cause to be the cheap breadboards I bought.
Are you certain that it's the breadboards? What size wire are you using?

I've used the $2 breadboards from Ali Express for years. I was skeptical at first, so I bought a couple and checked every hole to see if I could insert easily, but still have good "hold". Then I bought more. Most complaints I've read were about it being too difficult to insert leads.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Are you certain that it's the breadboards? What size wire are you using?

I've used the $2 breadboards from Ali Express for years. I was skeptical at first, so I bought a couple and checked every hole to see if I could insert easily, but still have good "hold". Then I bought more. Most complaints I've read were about it being too difficult to insert leads.
I have use breadbords from AliExpress too for many years. I damaged one out by inserting components with thick wires but the rest have always worked without any problems.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
My preference for breadboards are double sided "sea of holes" 0.1" centers. Of course they fit DIPs, but also lots of surface mount stuff (using adapter boards), especially 0805 Rs and Cs. Got mine off EBay. I use wire wrap wire (and the stripper!) to solder in connections, power done with a larger gauge.

They come in lots of sizes from about 4x7cm to 30x80cm.

One Type

Another style

When I'd doing a quick laydown I also go solderless:

Solderless

Here are some typical SMD/DIP adapters:

SO/SSOP/TSSOP/SOIC16 to DIP Adapter

SOP8 SO8 SOIC8 TSSOP8 MSOP8 to DIP8 Adapter

Last edited: