Boost Regulator Charging and PWM control

Andy Richardson

Joined Feb 18, 2016
Hi all,

I need some help with an electromechnical project.
I have a motor generator that when driven 90% of the time will be charging a battery. The motor speed will vary so the terminal voltage will vary from 0V to a highest expected of 8V. The lead acid battery needs to be charged at around 13.5-14V, perhaps something required to prevent over charging too.
The other 10% of the time (perhaps 30seconds to a minute at a time) the reverse will occur with the battery driving the motor, provisions required to control the motor speed as I don't wish it to overheat it or have a varied motor output.

From my own research I have a good idea of the theories required to complete this, but I'm not confident with what componetry I need. Especially when buck-boost regulators seem to come without any of the capacitors or extra parts to actually make it usuable..
I would really appreciate assistance with this, I can't disclose the products end use but it is medical based to assist the elderly.

Many thanks,
Andy

Andy Richardson

Joined Feb 18, 2016
Hi,

During charge I think it will be max 2A, but in discharge the draw is expected around 20-30A, however ideally I wish to control that.

Yes very similar.

Thanks,
Andy