Boost converter circuit

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
This thread makes me dizzy:
Miracaletech said:
I want to create a simple boost converter circuit to boost a 3.7v battery to 5v dc voltage with npn transistors.(for a project). Please does anyone have a schematic?
That was post #1. I responded with two circuits, one uses a 555, which is widely available, The other used only transistors as active elements.
Your response,
I don't want to use any ic because its "Just a simple project for beginners" and also the ic's are hard to find :-(
OK, I understood that you didn't even want to use the 555 and pointed out that the second circuit didn't use any IC. Then there was a short exchange about how to modify it, and that was addressed by someone else.

Someone then suggested the MC34063 and you went off into that direction. You said,
Thanks for mc 34063, at least i can buy from local shop but cant i increase amperage?
and the discussion went in that direction. Now you say,
And also, mc34063 is not available , can i use any of the other ic's?
And the answer is, of course, "Yes, other IC's can be used." But that seems totally out of context with the beginning discussion in which yo could not even find a 555.

We all want to help you, but you need to do some work too. What IC's are available in your market? The 555 chip can be replaced with other chips.