Book List

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I can definitely see where you're coming from with CRT giving better pictures. The only problem of course is there potential size. I feel the same way though about sound, mp3 never has and probably never will deliver the quality of a well-maintained record. Once again though, size is the issue.
Depth is definitely a consideration (problem), and LCDs Plasma and the like will always be better in this regard. From a width/height perspective, what is the largest the average user wants/needs/can have? I have yet to meet someone who isn't loaded with room to spare, with more than a 42" TV. CRTs will (just about) be available in these sizes.

Remember we all have pokey little houses here in the UK! :D

Dave

MusicTech

Joined Apr 4, 2008
haha, never been to the UK, but i have heard and seen pictures of you plight. Youc ould just build real high... like a 100 story building on about 1 square foot. That would be pretty clever

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
haha, never been to the UK, but i have heard and seen pictures of you plight. Youc ould just build real high... like a 100 story building on about 1 square foot. That would be pretty clever
Are you suggesting we are overcrowded?

If so, you are right! :D

Given we are in some places really strapped for space, we just don't built tall buildings. The tallest of late (not the tallest in the UK) is Beetham Tower in Manchester which is supposedly the highest living in the UK (the bottom half is a Hilton Hotel, the top half is residential).

Dave