Body movement sensor

Viakode

Joined Jun 26, 2018
Hello'

I am new with this embed system. But i hope thus will make logic.

Is there any sensor which can detect the movement of body which is in rest.

Like if i am resting and suddenly i make move like shake legs or move hands in air anything which make sense like he or she not in complete rest or sleep.

Whats my concern is i want to know if a person slept or not.

Hope this make sense.

Hoping for positive answer.

Thanks

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Hello'

I am new with this embed system. But i hope thus will make logic.

Is there any sensor which can detect the movement of body which is in rest.

Like if i am resting and suddenly i make move like shake legs or move hands in air anything which make sense like he or she not in complete rest or sleep.

Whats my concern is i want to know if a person slept or not.

Hope this make sense.

Hoping for positive answer.

Thanks
PIRs used for movement detection of persons is fairly crude and can be circumvented by slow movement and/or wearing clothing which blocks the heat emission from the body.

Most security movement detection systems now use microwave movement detection.

I suggest you Google the topic.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
FWIW, I have some PIR activated night lights around the house using a 500BP PIR sensor with a BISS0001 motion detector IC. The PIR is in a domed Fresnel lens and is extremely sensitive - it will pick up a foot moving from under the covers and light the light. I don't know what happens when you point it at someone full time but for a few bucks you can buy something like that and try it yourself. PIR is pretty cheap to implement. The BISS0001 can be adjusted for sensitivity and the like. I agree it would be crude but maybe a good starting point. If you need more smarts, feed the amplified PIR signal to the ADC input of a uC and add the logic you need in software.

https://learn.adafruit.com/pir-passive-infrared-proximity-motion-sensor/how-pirs-work

Good luck and welcome to AAC.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I wear a watch with accelerometers in it that reports sleeps cycles based on motion. Most smartphones can do this also but have to be on the bed with you. I used on app that would listen to you and detect motion that way.