Bode Plot for Second order Speaker Crossovers

QuantumCurse

Joined Mar 23, 2018
Hello! I am in an engineering class that focuses in on using Excel and MATLAB to be used by engineers. I have an open ended project where we are to design an Excel worksheet that does something engineering related. I have made a sheet that calculates the values of capacitors and inductors in a speaker crossover when given a frequency and a speaker load of a 2 way second order crossover. I have made bode plots in MATLAB. I only need the magnitude plot instead of the phase.

Can anyone help me with the formulas to create a bode plot via Excel? I haven't taken courses on circuits yet but I have a basic understanding of the RLC circuits and how to make a bode plot. I have found a lot of formulas, but they all are in different forms and I can't make them plot in a consistent manner.

If no one can help me with this, I've found a lot of transfer functions, most in terms of jw (omega) and others with w0 (omega naught), some with Q, and others with z (zeta). Can some one help me to understand these formulas?

Thank you for any help!