Bluetooth Module and Power supply

DarkSoul07

Joined May 29, 2021
Hello all,

I'm new to this electronic side, I'm working on this new academic project where we can connect the key chain with a mobile application using Bluetooth. whenever the keychain was out of the range with the mobile application it should send us notification.

I'm looking for a Bluetooth module and a small battery source to power the module.

What type of module is better suited for this project and what type of power source is apt for the module. What are things should I consider before starting this project?

Thank you!

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
That is a very vague description of your proposed project. What have you defined so far?
Will the recieving application be running on a phone, computer or tablet? Do you already have the recieving app or are you going to write it?
The bluetooth module on the keychain will need to send some kind of data so the reciever can detect that it is still there. Is this already defined the recieving application?

DarkSoul07

Joined May 29, 2021
Hello KeithWalker,

The objective of this project is to pair the keychain with mobile application whenever it is in range say 10 - 20 meters, if the keychain and the mobile go past beyond this range the app needs to send a notification sating "you forget your key".

The receiving application will be running on phone, we planned to develop mobile App.

Is it possible to develop communication with mobile application using only Bluetooth module or do we need some microcontroller to control the Bluetooth module for this project?

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
How are you planning on detecting if the keychain device is still connected to the phone's bluetooth? That will determine what hardware is needed on the keychain.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Consider that the range of detection when relying on signal drop out will vary wildly, depending on environment, antenna orientation etc.