Blue Tooth LE interface with Android phone

Ally Cat

Joined Mar 28, 2016
I am developing a circuit that communicates through I2C to some products and relays this data to a display screen on an Android phone. To demonstrate this I will be using 32F469IDISCOVERY from STMicroelectronics with a STM32F401shield that interfaces with the Arduino connector on the master PCB. I will be porting the code from a X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1to meet this end. If I can't find the source code to do it. The only question that I am pondering is what do I need to program an Android phone to talk to my assembly. I look up some tutorials before this post. I believe I need something called Android Studio's and will need to learn Java Script. What else am I likely to need to get this project off the ground.

Regards.

Ally Cat

Joined Mar 28, 2016
Thanks
nsaspook

I was hoping before I dive into the code you clarify what I need to actually do cell phone development using BLE communications. I thank you for your code example for when I am ready for it. I don't have a strong back ground with cell phones.

Regards

Ally Cat

Joined Mar 28, 2016
Hi

joeyd999

I am really looking for a basic answer that was overlooked by the Android developers page you linked. Is there a developers phone or can you just program any Android using a USB? What tools am I going to need for this task.

Regards