Blue Tooth LE interface with Android phone

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Ally Cat, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Ally Cat

Thread Starter Member

Mar 28, 2016
    I am developing a circuit that communicates through I2C to some products and relays this data to a display screen on an Android phone. To demonstrate this I will be using 32F469IDISCOVERY from STMicroelectronics with a STM32F401shield that interfaces with the Arduino connector on the master PCB. I will be porting the code from a X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1to meet this end. If I can't find the source code to do it. The only question that I am pondering is what do I need to program an Android phone to talk to my assembly. I look up some tutorials before this post. I believe I need something called Android Studio's and will need to learn Java Script. What else am I likely to need to get this project off the ground.

Regards.

2. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
  3. Ally Cat

Thread Starter Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Thanks
    nsaspook

I was hoping before I dive into the code you clarify what I need to actually do cell phone development using BLE communications. I thank you for your code example for when I am ready for it. I don't have a strong back ground with cell phones.

Regards

4. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
  5. Ally Cat

Thread Starter Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Hi

joeyd999

I am really looking for a basic answer that was overlooked by the Android developers page you linked. Is there a developers phone or can you just program any Android using a USB? What tools am I going to need for this task.

Regards

6. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    You can use any Android mobile device with the Developer Mode turned on.

Ally Cat likes this.
  7. Ally Cat

Thread Starter Member

Mar 28, 2016
    I did not know that thanks.