blank FT232rl setup

ivars211

Joined May 5, 2013
Hi, I am having a problem with FT232RL setup. I know my circuit is working fine, since I can unsolder ft232rl from one of these and all works fine, I can upload my sketch to arduino without problems.
However, when I solder blank ft232rl chips I ordered online (over 100 positive feedback for this specific chip, so must be my fault), something goes wrong with drivers. I used FT_Prog to program it to default settings, so it automatically downloads the drivers, but that doesn't seem to cut it, because sometimes it even BSOD my PC when connecting/disconnecting. And I have 50/50 chance of uploading sketch to arduino (programmer not responding error).
Story short - what steps do I need to follow to get those blank ft232rl working? I tried several of them and all are having the same problem. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Use FT_Prog to examine all the parameters on the chip you unsoldered, and record all the settings. Then, program one of the blank chips identically. If that works, you will have solved your problem. If not, you will have eliminated one possibility.