BJT comparator and Open Drain Comparator

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Hi All
I am in the process of designing a comparator circuit I want the output of this comparator to then go into a simple BJT latch which keeps an LED on (i.e. if an error occurs, the LED remains on). I have attached screen shots of the simulations I carried out the issue I am having is that I have been able to get the latch work on it's on and the same for the comparator however when connecting the two up I am having an issue the latch functionality ceases to exist I am quite puzzled as to how I can fix it and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Art

Attachments

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
Hi All
I am in the process of designing a comparator circuit I want the output of this comparator to then go into a simple BJT latch which keeps an LED on (i.e. if an error occurs, the LED remains on). I have attached screen shots of the simulations I carried out the issue I am having is that I have been able to get the latch work on it's on and the same for the comparator however when connecting the two up I am having an issue the latch functionality ceases to exist I am quite puzzled as to how I can fix it and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Art
Use SCR. CD106M and a 2N2222A. 2N2222A will be used to turn off the SCR.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi 547,
If you check Q1 and Q2 Bases you will see they are biassed so that they are never switched Off.
When used in isolation, the latch, I guess your Vsource for the test pulse has zero ohms output resistance.???
E

Attachments

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
used in isolation, the latch, I guess your Vsource for the test pulse has zero ohms output resistance.???
Thank you so much I really appreciate the explanation, can you suggest whether this circuit could be improved or what I could use for the same effect?

Kind Regards

Art
hi 547,
If you check Q1 and Q2 Bases you will see they are biassed so that they are never switched Off.
When used in isolation, the latch, I guess your Vsource for the test pulse has zero ohms output resistance.???
E

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Sorry I mean can I ammed
Thank you so much I really appreciate the explanation, can you suggest whether this circuit could be improved or what I could use for the same effect?

Kind Regards

Art
the circuit so it behaves in the way I intent or can you recommend any other typologies that I could use?

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
hi,
To isolate your LED driver I would add a final transistor, you can drop that intermediate transistor.
E
Brilliant thank you so much, really appreciate the assistance learning a lot from creating designs and your input is really helping out with the learning process