bistable multivibrator HELP!!!

v4runp4tel

Joined Jun 25, 2010

i want to use a bistable multivibrator and this is the ckt dia i found but i need help finding the values of resistors and other components...

this is my first thread so please correct me if i have done something wrong and i apologize for that... :)

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
There is a very large range of possibilities for component values. Do you have any requirement for any parameters like output voltage and current? Do you know how fast the pulses might occur?

v4runp4tel

Joined Jun 25, 2010
thank you for your quick reply... Actually i am making a single switch push to on push to off so the wikipedia ckt is not useful and in the second page i saw the first ckt and i think that can help me...
now this may seem noobish(and i admit i am one) but can u help me utilize the ckt in the second page for my purpose???

thanks again for your help...

v4runp4tel

Joined Jun 25, 2010
There is a very large range of possibilities for component values. Do you have any requirement for any parameters like output voltage and current? Do you know how fast the pulses might occur?
thanks for your reply...
pulses will b slow as i have told what i exactly want in the last comment and output values can be any...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If there is no particular specification, try a CD4013 D flip flop with the Q^ output tied to the D input. You can use from 3 to 15 volts, and the flip flop will toggle with each clock. Fewer components. Be sure to tie the unused inputs high or low as appropriate.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Another way to d0 the same thing...

Minimum voltage for a conventional 555 is 6V or more.

With a CMOS 555 (such as a 7555) you can go much lower voltages (but it will not drive LEDs), increase the resistor values around X10 and decrease the capacitor by 1/10.