Bipolar Transistor Design

failing_engineer

Joined May 3, 2021
Screenshot (345).png
Given that B=200, RL=2K, V_BASE=1V.
How could one calculate Cc, R1, R2, RC, V_OUT, Ic, I_BASE, I_R2 RE for the case collector current (Ic) of 1mA. Assuming RC does not equal RL, with a justification for the value of V_BE

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Begin by ignoring Cc and RL for now. They will affect the low-frequency response (which you did not specify).

You were given Vcc and Ic which is a good start.

Given VB = 1V you can determine VE and hence RE.
Given Vcc = 12V aim for VCE = 6V. Now determine RC.

Just for starters.

Now go find IB and R1 and R2.

failing_engineer

Joined May 3, 2021
Begin by ignoring Cc and RL for now. They will affect the low-frequency response (which you did not specify).

You were given Vcc and Ic which is a good start.

Given VB = 1V you can determine VE and hence RE.
Given Vcc = 12V aim for VCE = 6V. Now determine RC.

Just for starters.

Now go find IB and R1 and R2.
Where can I find the formulas?

failing_engineer

Joined May 3, 2021
Given: R1=80k, R2=10k, RC = 2k, RL=2k, RE=100, b = 300, frequency of Vin is 10KHz, peak voltage of Vin is 1mV.
Calculate VBB, VCE, VC , IC , Vload, Av , Vout. and show your assumption for VBE along with a justification for the value of VBE you assumed. Calculate the value for the coupling capacitors

Attachments

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Given: R1=80k, R2=10k, RC = 2k, RL=2k, RE=100, b = 300, frequency of Vin is 10KHz, peak voltage of Vin is 1mV.
Calculate VBB, VCE, VC , IC , Vload, Av , Vout. and show your assumption for VBE along with a justification for the value of VBE you assumed. Calculate the value for the coupling capacitors
Hello,

You have to show your attempt to solve this in this part of the forum.

But also, is "b=300" is that the Beta of the transistor or the circuit gain?
I ask because they ask for the value of the coupling capacitors but they do not give an overall circuit gain at a particular frequency. Normally you would want this information so you could calculate those cap values to within some reasonable limits.

Check and see if there is anything else to this problem question, and show some work.