Best ways to record data on interference pattern using Tektronix DPO 5204B oscilloscope?

RVG

Joined Jul 9, 2018
I am looking at an interference pattern signal using a Tektronix DPO 5204B oscilloscope which has windows 7 and TekScope software. This interference pattern grows and shrinks with time (approximately 10-20 seconds for the full cycle). It is my intention to measure the maximum pk-pk voltage and the minimum pk-pk voltage of this cycle without using cursors. The goal is automation of the data acquisition process so that I could perhaps press the SINGLE button and collect data over a small timeframe that contains this interference variation cycle.

Does anybody know a good method(s) to obtain a measurement like this using a similar oscilloscope? The manual has not been entirely useful for me. Thanks.

Wuerstchenhund

Joined Aug 31, 2017
Not being overly familiar with the Tek DPO5000 Series (I think we still have a DPO5k sitting somewhere in a cupboard and collecting dust as no-one wants to use it voluntarily) but in general you should be able to use measurements with statistics to get what you want.

If I remember right you go to Measurements -> Measurement Setup, in the new window on the left side select Amplitude and Pk-Pk and on the right side your channel. This should give you automatic measurements.

Then go to Measurements -> Statistics -> All. This will give you the minimum and maximum value.

You can now do a single acquisition and read the Vpp average, minimum and maximum values.