Best ever/your favourite books on analog electronics

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
The Bob Pease book Troubleshooting Analog Circuits:
The Jim Williams books -- Analog Circuit Design and The Art and Science of Analog Circuit Design:
The book by Pease is just LOADED with valuable design info, especially regarding the characteristics of real-world components. One of the most valuable books on my shelf.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
The book by Pease is just LOADED with valuable design info, especially regarding the characteristics of real-world components. One of the most valuable books on my shelf.
Somehow I ended up with 2 copies -- one is signed by Pease. :D
I still miss the National Semi. seminars that Pease did with his overhead projector. Most memorable was his talk about how to make a band gap reference. I was lost well before he got to third, fourth and fifth order compensations for errors.

In another seminar he invited members of his audience to join him on a trek through Nepal. :D I wish I could have taken him up on that.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I met Pease once, when he gave a talk to our engineering group many years ago. Quite a character, and an interesting one.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
National Semiconductor Linear Applications Handbook
National Semiconductor Voltage Regulator Handbook
Signetics Analog Applications Manual
Hey, that's my list!:mad:

Those are the first three books I found after I learned op-amp designs as QC #32. With those books, I started to look inside the op-amps for my next level of learning. Later, I found out which tricks can happen on a single chip and are much more difficult to do in discrete transistors.:D

It's all good. Any way you get there is the right way.;)