Best Circuit Simulator software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nara Shikamaru

Joined Nov 24, 2007
Hey Everybody!, Wich one Do You Think is the Best Circuit (digital, analog and PICs) Simulator????.....For example.... I use Electronics Workbench, Multisim and Proteus Isis (Proteus vsm).....as far as i can see, Proteus is the Best!......so what are your thoughts?....or do you have other ones wich are better?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Proteus, Multisim, and Tina are all great products. Electronics Workbench was bought by National Instruments and is now called multisim.

There are others tied for second place, Overall, I've seen multisim running in most shops i've been at, though they also have all the others. Tina is very good for switching power supplies, inductance interference simulation, etc.

I don't think only one exists that has all the features (including ease of use), but those come closest.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I use LTspice, which is totally free, uncastrated (unlike most demos and student versions), has models for many of Linear Technology's products, and can easily import models from other manufacturers.

Nara Shikamaru

Joined Nov 24, 2007
yeah but the problem with Pspice is that you cant simulate digital circuits with PICs.....for example....in Proteus you can used any PIC, put the circuit together, and inside the program itself, you can "program" the PIC and it will simulate everything!

nicky

Joined Mar 25, 2008
There are some open source simulators that run on Linux ( ubuntu or otherwise) :

qucs, ng-spice, and gnu-cap.

However, the don't hold a candle to Proteus...

millwood

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I would vote for LTSpice: free, easy to use, fast, lots of fan support, etc. it does 99% of what I need.

if I need more, I use OrCAD - more models and a proven product.

You can get a PSpice (OrCAD) student version for free.

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
My favorite is the Falstad one. Its limited for serious work, but very easy and quick to use for understanding how some circuit works. You can build almost anything in it. I love it.

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

I find pspice is annoying to use for simple circuits but the above simulator does it in seconds.

If you want a good logic simulator I recommend Cedar Logic. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/CEDAR-Logic-Simulator.shtml

I like it for the same reason as the falstad one. Easy and fast.

Ron Miller

Joined Sep 10, 2015
I prefer to work on my phone.

I use Digital electronics calculator prior to designing circuits for minimizing boolean functions and for Hexadecimal arithematic while coding.

For simulation , you can use proteus as there is no digital electronics simulator available on android yet.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I prefer to work on my phone.

I use Digital electronics calculator prior to designing circuits for minimizing boolean functions and for Hexadecimal arithematic while coding.

For simulation , you can use proteus as there is no digital electronics simulator available on android yet.
Replied to a post almost ten months ago is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.