Battery pack for 12v device help

Bcm1986

Joined Jul 18, 2018
Hi currently designing a new project for myself here. What I have is a 12v 2.3amp bildge pump that I would like to run off the smallest battery pack possible for anywhere between 4-10 ten hours (6hrs would be pretty close). I have thought of somehow using a dewalt battery but someone with some good electrical knowledge can lead me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated thank you.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Its the AHour rating of the battery that determines it ability to deliver current into a load over time.
If you can find a 12V R/C battery rated at 5hrs * 2.3Amps [ 12AHr ] that will just do.
The battery must be fully charged and in good condition.

E

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
I wouldn't use lead acid ... very old tech , four times heavier than lithium and a quarter of the life.

Either by new lithium (RC battery) to run for 5 hrs will cost about 30 pounds UK currency , see ebay 11.1 volt works fine for my bilge pump .... , or get hold of 10 thrown away laptop batteries , 2/3 of the cells in these batteries work fine many youtube videos explaining how to extract the good cells and use these to make the battery you need .

Last edited: